Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Apple Firing

Based on how clear Apple had presented their stance on the use of social media to negatively talk about the company, I think that the firing of the employee was fair because he chose to try to get away with it anyway. If I was the employee in that situation, I would feel like I should be given another chance because being fired over one comment seems like a steep punishment. However, the employee would also have to give something back to the company so the company knows they are serious, such as deleting their Facebook account. On the other hand, from the company's perspective, I think the firing would be more than justified because they had warned their employees in the introduction process that they could not say anything negative about the company. It is only the fault of an employee if they chose to disregard the warning they were given in that process and try to get away with disrespecting the company anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I like your idea of the employee having to give back to the company. Deleting their Facebook is definitely a step in the right in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could give him another chance, but they have to follow the rules to make sure it is going to be a good lesson for the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that firing him was justified by apple. Especially since it seems like they warned a lot not to post negative comments on social media

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the company should have issued a warning on the first offense and make them delete the post.

    ReplyDelete