Hey Everyone,
I'm sure many of you have been put in a similar situation, if not the same when I say that my ethics and behavior were questioned multiple times in high school, in regards to letting someone copy my work. One of the last times my ethics and behavior was compromised in regards to high school was before a test during my senior year. A little while before the test one of my good friends came to talk to me and told me he hadn't gotten a chance to study much because he had other stuff going on and asked me if I would help him out during the test by letting him copy me. At the time, this was a tough decision because he was one of my good friends and I didn't want to let him down, but at the same time I had been raised to do my own work and my parents are very much against cheating. Also, I didn't like the thought of him doing as well as I was going to when I had worked hard to prepare and he hadn't put any time in. In the end, I told him I wasn't going to let him do it and he got mad at me, but then got over it a few weeks later when he too realized it wasn't a fair thing to ask me to do.
I never let anyone cheat! Why give someone who was too lazy to do homework or study try to take credit for your work?
ReplyDeletevery wise decision jedi
ReplyDeleteI was also faced with the same issue in high school, yet like you, I realized that I put the time into studying and wasn't going to let slackers benefit from it.
ReplyDeleteThat's a difficult choice between helping a friend an doing what you know is right. I think you made a good decision. Sorry your friend got mad about it but glad he eventually forgave you.
ReplyDeleteJust the other day I was put in a similar situation. A new friend in my business class asked to see my test on our first exam. I pretended like I didn't know the answer and went on with my work. Even though I didn't address it head on, I would have felt horrible if I had let them see my work!
ReplyDeleteyou helped your friend become a better person, just by telling him no.
ReplyDelete